The Wheel of the Year: An Illustrated Guide to Nature's Rhythms (signed copy)
Each copy of The Wheel of the Year: An Illustrated Guide to Nature's Rhythms contains a bookplate signed by both the author and illustrator.
About The Wheel of the Year:
A New York Times Best Seller!
A beautifully illustrated, interactive guide to ancient, nature-based holidays and customs. Through themed meditations, crafts, and rituals, young readers (recommended ages 8-12) can learn about old and new ways of honoring the seasons—and create their own!
"This book is, in a word, immaculate." Kirkus Reviews (Starred Review)
Each “spoke” in The Wheel of the Year marks an important turning point: the winter and summer solstices, the spring and fall equinoxes, and the festivals of seeding, growing, and harvesting that arrive in between. Within each section, enjoy:
- An overview of the holiday and its significance in cultures around the world
- A sensory scavenger hunt for sights, sounds, and smells the season
- Ideas for a seasonal altar using objects from nature
- Themed crafts, rituals, games, and recipes
- Blending nature connection with art, poetry, and myth, The Wheel of the Year conveys the magic and beauty of ancient traditions and encourages young readers to notice, care for, and celebrate the natural world around them.